Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What's New? 7/26/11

So I figured I'd start standardizing blog titles as a lot of blogs share common themes.  I think I'll name my more normal blog updates What's New? followed by the date.  Anyways lets get right on into it.



Gaming Progress



Metroid Prime 2






I've been playing through the Metroid series, it's my first time really beating any of the (console) games, and I have to say, I'm really liking it.  Just finished Metroid Prime 2, which was much tougher and darker then Prime 1 and though I did hit a few frustrating points, I really liked it.  The Light and Dark shifting was a nice spin for the series and kind of reminded me of Twilight Princess.  I'm looking forward to the third one in the series and honestly I'm also looking forward to Other M too.  Going to get started on Prime 3 tomm.


Zenonia





Zenonia has been pretty fun but also kind of repetitive as the game reminds me of a MMO.  You pick up a quest, go out kill or collect, return, level up, spend talent points.  Not that the system doesn't work but it's something that has been used a whole lot.  Also the story is much lighter then I had initially hoped.  It's still there but it's not really deep, then again for a downloadable game it's still really good.  Maybe it's just because I get distracted too easily with side tasks or the fact I'm wanting a deep RPG experience.  Either way the game is still good and I'll be playing more of it!



What I've been watching!



Boondock Saints




Finally saw this movie, it took me forever and a day to actually get around to watching it.  I have to say, I liked it a lot more then I thought I would.  The story is about 2 Irish brothers who go all vigilante and start taking down the mobs.  It had tons of action, a decent story, and was really funny.  Definitely worth a watch.  Can't believe it took me as long as it did to watch this one but I'm really glad I did.  William Dafoe had me rolling throughout the movie.


Stargate SG1




A series that I started watching at night once I got netflix because I've never seen it and I needed something to watch at night.  It actually turned out to be much better then I thought it would be.  I'm mid way through the series and still watching.  A little about it, basically the Stargate is a portal to other worlds that causes wormholes across the galaxy to other planets.  What I found out about the show after I've been watching it for some time is it's actually based off a Mayan legend.  Not an amazing show, definitely dated but interesting and good enough that I'll be seeing it through.



What I'm in the mood for



I've played a lot of different games and own a lot of different games, on several systems and of many genres however I haven't played a good tactical/strategy RPG in a long long time.  The last one I've played was on the GBA which was Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced... which was stolen... story for another time though.  Anyways I've seen a lot of games and a lot of series's and I've been thinking about getting some, probably a few on each system as they're pretty cheap.  Over time of course.

Here's what I'm looking at:

  - Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (Wii)
  - Fire Emblem - series (Wii, GC, DS)
  - Advanced Wars (DS games)
  - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
  - Tom Clancy - Shadow Wars (3DS)
  - Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
  - Disgaea - series (PS2, PS3)
  - Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement (360)
  - Spectral Force 3 (360)
  - Ogre Battle - series (VC)


I'm a huge fan of the style of tactical RPG's and slower paced RPG's that make you think in general.  This is a list of what I've seen so far but I'm always open for recommendations of course!  Hopefully I can catch some good sales on these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment